Daily iPhone App: Star Wars Pit Droids is free on May the fourth (be with you)
Star Wars Pit Droids is a fun little Star Wars-themed arcade puzzle game from LucasArts on the App Store. Since because today is May the fourth (be with you), the game is free all weekend long.
There's not a whole lot going on with this one. It's essentially a Chu Chu Rocket clone, and your job is to guide autonomous pit droids to a certain location on an isometric grid. But the puzzles get nice and fiendish, and there are plenty of options to finish a stage better and faster, scoring up to three stars per level. The music is worth mentioning, too, with groovy versions of Star Wars tunes playing as you solve the puzzles.
Unfortunately, the Star Wars flavor on this one is just that -- flavor, and I'm sorry to say it's based on the droids from the pod racing scenes in the abominable Episode 1. If you want something a little cooler, you might also try the Star Wars Lightsaber app -- it's an oldie but a goodie, on the App Store for 99 cents.
But Pit Droids is free this weekend, so if you just need a fun taste of Star Wars action, it should do what you want.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter