Walmart cuts price of iPhone 4S (Update: Pricing error)
Update: 9to5Mac got confirmation from Walmart that this was a pricing error, not a sale.
Walmart is not only the third-largest reseller of iPads, but the discount retailer also sells a lot of iPhones for Apple at its approximately 9,000 locations. Now it appears that Walmart is selling the AT&T iPhone 4S at a significant discount at some stores.
According to Cult of Mac and The Verge, some Walmart stores are showing a sale price on the 16 GB iPhone 4S (in both black and white) with a two-year AT&T contract for US$114. That's $74 less than the usual price at Walmart and a full $85 off the normal $199 price from Apple and AT&T.
The sale isn't available on Walmart's website, but appears to be popping up at a number of stores. The price drop was discovered at a Walmart store in Edmond, OK by Cult of Mac, and The Verge found the same pricing at a store in Austin, TX.
If you're not in the market for an iPhone 4S, the 8 GB iPhone 4 is also available at a discount at the low, low sale price of just $34. TUAW readers who find the sale pricing at their local stores should leave the store location in the comments below so other readers may take advantage of the bargain.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time