MobileMe customers get free 20 GB of iCloud storage until September
Last year, Apple announced that it's shutting down MobileMe at the end of June 2012. To ease the transition from MobileMe to iCloud, the company offered 20GB of free iCloud storage to all existing MobileMe users. This free storage expires June 30, 2012, but a change in Apple's website, noticed by Macotakara, suggests the company is extending this freebie until September 30, 2012.
Apple's FAQ page for the MobileMe transition was recently updated and now reads,
MobileMe members with 20GB of purchased storage receive a complimentary iCloud storage upgrade of 20GB, and accounts with additional purchased storage (40GB to 60GB) receive a complimentary upgrade of 50GB after moving to iCloud. These free upgrades are good through September 30th, 2012
When the free trial ends later this year, customers can pay to keep the 20 GB of storage or accept a downgrade to the free 5 GB iCloud storage plan.
Last year, Apple announced that it's shutting down MobileMe at the end of June 2012. To ease the transition from MobileMe to iCloud,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs