Shadow Era getting physical cards to go with iOS game
I am a big fan of Shadow Era, a really solid World of Warcraft-style virtual collectible card game for iOS. It's been out for a little while, and with a few excellent updates and expansion packs released, there's a lot of game here to be had, starting at the low price of free. Now there's news that the game is about to get a lot less virtual: Shadow Era is releasing real, physical cards to play with.
It's a great deal, especially if you're a fan of the game. Wulven Game Studios has teamed up with cardmaker Cartamundi to make high-quality real cards to play with, and they're selling them in a Kickstarter-esque "crowdfunding" format, with multiple rewards levels to play at. Perhaps best of all, every penny you spend on the real cards will get matched with virtual currency in the game, so you're essentially getting both real and virtual cards for your money.
The cards themselves will debut at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, OH in the beginning of June, and the physical cards are expected to start shipping later this month. It's great to see a big iOS property like this get so popular that it's extending off into the real world in such a huge way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update