Proview notes "big gap" in Apple's settlement terms
Apple and Proview are talking settlement in their dispute over the iPad trademark in China, but the two companies are far from reaching an agreement. Roger Xie, lawyer for Proview, told Bloomberg, "The Guangdong Higher People's court is trying to mediate this, and both parties are trying to negotiate and come to a settlement. Right now, there is still a big gap between the two sides on the settlement amount."
Proview is battling Apple over the rights to the iPad name and claims it still owns the trademark. Apple asserts it bought the trademark from a division of the Chinese company in 2009. The dispute has made its way to the Guangdong Higher People's court after Apple appealed a lower court ruling that said Proview owned the iPad name.
Apple and Proview are talking settlement in their dispute over the iPad trademark in China, but the two companies are far from...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs