Proview notes "big gap" in Apple's settlement terms
Apple and Proview are talking settlement in their dispute over the iPad trademark in China, but the two companies are far from reaching an agreement. Roger Xie, lawyer for Proview, told Bloomberg, "The Guangdong Higher People's court is trying to mediate this, and both parties are trying to negotiate and come to a settlement. Right now, there is still a big gap between the two sides on the settlement amount."
Proview is battling Apple over the rights to the iPad name and claims it still owns the trademark. Apple asserts it bought the trademark from a division of the Chinese company in 2009. The dispute has made its way to the Guangdong Higher People's court after Apple appealed a lower court ruling that said Proview owned the iPad name.
Apple and Proview are talking settlement in their dispute over the iPad trademark in China, but the two companies are far from...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update