Judge throws out Proview lawsuit against Apple in California
A California judge threw out Proview's iPad trademark lawsuit against Apple in the US, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal. This dismissal is inconsequential to the trademark case which is making its way through the Chinese court system. Apple asked for and was granted the dismissal which lets the Asian court system make the final decision on the trademark infringement suit.
Apple and Proview are discussing settlement terms for the infringement case which is being heard in Guangdong province. A recent report suggests there is a wide gap between the settlement being proposed by the two companies.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature