T-Mobile targets iPhone, AT&T in new ad
T-Mobile is really shaking up its ad strategy lately. First, their demure young lady in the cute dress became a leather-wearing biker chick (supposedly to show off how fast the company's new network is), and now they're targeting AT&T and the iPhone directly, in the new ad you can see below.
There's an interesting subtext on this one, however, and that's that T-Mobile is likely going to finally get the iPhone on its network later this year. So this ad is a surgical poke rather than a broad swipe: it attacks AT&T's service, and subtly hints that the iPhone would be so much better in the hands of the lady on the black and pink bike. Funny.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app