T-Mobile targets iPhone, AT&T in new ad
T-Mobile is really shaking up its ad strategy lately. First, their demure young lady in the cute dress became a leather-wearing biker chick (supposedly to show off how fast the company's new network is), and now they're targeting AT&T and the iPhone directly, in the new ad you can see below.
There's an interesting subtext on this one, however, and that's that T-Mobile is likely going to finally get the iPhone on its network later this year. So this ad is a surgical poke rather than a broad swipe: it attacks AT&T's service, and subtly hints that the iPhone would be so much better in the hands of the lady on the black and pink bike. Funny.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype