Watch Fink & The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in HD on your iPad
Just last night I discovered a real musical treat for the iPad. On April 29th 2012, the fantastic British singer/songwriter, Fink, performed a set with the incredible Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the prestigious Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.
Conducted by Ivan Meylemans and arranged by Jules Buckley, this is Fink as you've never heard him before. And the performance was broadcast live and in HD on the iPad with the "RCO Meets Fink" app. Unfortunately, I missed this.
However (and to my delight), you can still purchase (US$3.99) and download the app to stream the entire performance on your iPad (or Apple TV via AirPlay) in HD at your leisure. Better still, a 2.0 version of the app will hit in June with extra features.
As explained on Fink's website, "The 1.0 version of this App offers a full HD video stream that will enable you to enjoy the concert in the highest quality on the latest iPad and Apple TV hardware." Expect a big update to the app in June, which will include backstage footage, rehearsals, interviews, video commentary and more.
We're also interested to try the "360 degree video component," which should allow you to move around in the concert footage. We're not sure how that will work, but it sure sounds interesting. Version 2.0 sounds pretty exciting, but the app at 1.0 isworth the purchase just to watch the performance in HD.
As a little teaser for the performance, you can watch the track "Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us" below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync