Apple ahead of Samsung in Japanese market
Data vendor MM Research Institute tracked smartphone sales in Japan and discovered the iPhone is greatly outselling its competitors, says a report in Computerworld. According to the company's analysis, about 24.2 million smartphones were shipped in Japan and 30 percent were iPhones. This compares to Samsung which accounted for only 8.3 percent of the total smartphone shipments in the country. Most of Apple's success in the island nation is attributed to the iPhone 4S which is sold by Au and Softbank.
Data vendor MM Research Institute tracked smartphone sales in Japan and discovered the iPhone is greatly outselling its competitors,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs