Apple changes name of 'iPad WiFi + 4G' to 'iPad WiFi + Cellular' in several countries
As reported by 9to5 Mac, Apple has changed the name of the iPad WiFi + 4G to the less descriptive iPad WiFi + Cellular. The change is the result of criticisms from customers and consumer advocacy groups about the iPad's 4G branding.
Groups in the UK, Sweden and Australia complained that the 4G label confused customers in areas that did not have compatible cellular networks. Customers expected to get a product that delivered fast 4G mobile broadband speeds and were disappointed when the iPad connected to a slower 3G network.
To quell customer's discontent, Apple added a disclaimer to the iPad that clarified the tablet was compatible only with 4G networks in the US and Canada. In Australia, Apple also argued that its labeling adhered to the marketing standard set by the ITU. These changes apparently were not enough, and Apple decided a small name change was the best course of action.
As reported by 9to5 Mac, Apple has changed the name of the iPad WiFi + 4G to the less descriptive iPad WiFi + Cellular. The change is...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free