Flipboard 1.9 puts emphasis on audio
Flipboard is the "social magazine" for iPad and iPhone that lets users browse their favorite social network sites, feeds and more in a beautiful, magazine-like interface. Version 1.9 was released this week and adds audio to the mix.
A new audio tab offers several options, like SoundCloud and shows from National Public Radio (like Fresh Air) and Public Radio International. You'll also find podcasts and indue music from the likes of Sub Pop Records and Epitaph Records.
What's really nice is that you can begin an audio stream and navigate away to another section of Flipboard (or even another app) while the stream continues. Version 1.9 is a free update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype