Motorola, RIM offer Apple a nano-SIM compromise
The battle over the nano-SIM standard is heating up with Apple on one side and a group that includes Nokia, Motorola and RIM on the other. In the latest series of developments reported by The Verge, Motorola and RIM are countering Apple's nano-SIM proposal with a revised design of their own. This newest design is a compromise which includes elements from both their design and Apple's. It's about "80 percent Apple and 20 percent RIM / Motorola" writes Chris Ziegler for The Verge.
We should hear more about the nano-SIM standard when the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) meets at the end of this month in Osaka, Japan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)