OneVoice is an impressive assistive communication app for iPad and iPhone
When you think of iOS and communication, you think of Skype or FaceTime, but there's a growing number of people who are using the device to communicate in unconventional ways. One such application is OneVoice from Legend, an augmentative and alternative communication app for the iPad and the iPhone.
Designed for non-verbal adults and children, the app has over 100 large, clear icons with recognizable images from your everyday environment. People can click on the icons to build sentences and then hit the speak button to speak. There's also a group of emoticons so people can communicate how they feel. It has a simple, logical UI that makes it easy for people to share their thoughts with others.
OneVoice is highly customizable so users can add or remove groups of icons, use their own photos to represent items, and select from two male and three female voices. The latest version of OneVoice also adds support for speech in 22 languages including Arabic, Czech, French, Italian and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free