TiVo planning iOS streaming for this summer
Here's some good news for TiVo users: The DVR company is planning to follow the lead of other broadcasting services, and provide for streaming of recorded TiVo content to iOS devices later this summer. To do so, you'll need to have a TiVo Premiere, which is the company's web-connected DVR streaming device, as well as an external box called the TiVo Stream, which will take recorded content on the DVR, and set it up to stream through the Internet to your mobile device.
And by "mobile device," we mean the iPhone or the iPad -- TiVo has only mentioned the capability for Apple devices so far, so Android users are out of luck for now. There are already plenty of ways to watch TV or movies on your iPhone (from Netflix and Hulu to full cable services and even add-on accessories), but if you already have a TiVo grabbing content for you, a device like this should make it easy to watch that content anywhere.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free