TiVo planning iOS streaming for this summer
Here's some good news for TiVo users: The DVR company is planning to follow the lead of other broadcasting services, and provide for streaming of recorded TiVo content to iOS devices later this summer. To do so, you'll need to have a TiVo Premiere, which is the company's web-connected DVR streaming device, as well as an external box called the TiVo Stream, which will take recorded content on the DVR, and set it up to stream through the Internet to your mobile device.
And by "mobile device," we mean the iPhone or the iPad -- TiVo has only mentioned the capability for Apple devices so far, so Android users are out of luck for now. There are already plenty of ways to watch TV or movies on your iPhone (from Netflix and Hulu to full cable services and even add-on accessories), but if you already have a TiVo grabbing content for you, a device like this should make it easy to watch that content anywhere.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app