Apple Store rendering shows another glass box in California
Anyone who has visited the Stanford Shopping Center cant miss the black sheeting that covers Apple's upcoming retail store, says a Palo Alto Online report. The new store will occupy two vacant storefronts and eventually will replace a mini-store that's located nearby. Residents can see the breadth of the construction, but the design and layout of the store are a closely guarded secret.
The biggest source of information is the recently-discovered final building plans, which were submitted to the City of Palo Alto earlier this year. These plans contain a detailed rendering that shows a stunning building with exterior glass walls and a center stone wall that separates the building into two distinct spaces. Construction will continue until the store's expected November opening.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter