AirFloat removed from the App Store
Airfoil Speakers Touch is not the only audio app to be removed from the App Store. Apple also removed AirFloat, the developer said on his blog. Like Airfoil Speakers Touch, AirFloat allowed people to send audio to the iPhone from a desktop machine. Cult of Mac said on Thursday that this might be because these apps could be duplicating features that are coming in iOS 6, which is what we thought as well -- however Rogue Amoeba pointed out that the timing makes little sense since there is no iOS 6 announcement yet. On Daring Fireball, John Gruber also didn't buy into the iOS 6 feature theory.
There's no word as to if these apps will make a return to the store, but the situation doesn't look good for either of them.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync