AirFloat removed from the App Store
Airfoil Speakers Touch is not the only audio app to be removed from the App Store. Apple also removed AirFloat, the developer said on his blog. Like Airfoil Speakers Touch, AirFloat allowed people to send audio to the iPhone from a desktop machine. Cult of Mac said on Thursday that this might be because these apps could be duplicating features that are coming in iOS 6, which is what we thought as well -- however Rogue Amoeba pointed out that the timing makes little sense since there is no iOS 6 announcement yet. On Daring Fireball, John Gruber also didn't buy into the iOS 6 feature theory.
There's no word as to if these apps will make a return to the store, but the situation doesn't look good for either of them.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)