How ESPN reporter covers NASCAR with an iPad
ESPN Pit Reporter Dave Burns covers NASCAR's premiere Sprint Cup Series for the network. He's been reporting on racing for many years, and recently abandoned his personal paper-based note system for carefully selected iPad apps.
Burns says that note-taking is "highly personal," and that ESPN does not require him to use a certain system. For years, he effectively used a paper form the he devised himself. When the iPad debuted, however, Burns saw the potential.
It's an interesting story which includes a sample of the notes Burns takes on race day.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter