China approves sale of Apple 3G device, possibly the new iPad
As reported by the Wall Street Journal, China's Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center has approved a license for the sale of an unnamed 3G device from Apple. The device is compatible with China Unicom and is listed as model A1430, which is the model number Apple uses for the new iPad.
Though it is on sale in many countries worldwide, the iPad is not yet available in China. This delayed launch is likely the result of an ongoing legal dispute with Proview over the iPad name. Apple has not publicly commented on a Chinese iPad launch, and a China Unicom spokeswoman declined to comment when approached by the Wall Street Journal.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync