China approves sale of Apple 3G device, possibly the new iPad
As reported by the Wall Street Journal, China's Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center has approved a license for the sale of an unnamed 3G device from Apple. The device is compatible with China Unicom and is listed as model A1430, which is the model number Apple uses for the new iPad.
Though it is on sale in many countries worldwide, the iPad is not yet available in China. This delayed launch is likely the result of an ongoing legal dispute with Proview over the iPad name. Apple has not publicly commented on a Chinese iPad launch, and a China Unicom spokeswoman declined to comment when approached by the Wall Street Journal.
As reported by the Wall Street Journal, China's Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center has approved a license for the sale of...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements