Cricket Wireless announces availability of iPhone 4, 4S
Cricket Wireless, which is owned by Leap Wireless, has become the first pre-paid US carrier to offer the iPhone. The company is offering contract-free, "unlimited" voice, text and data for US$55 per month. Note that Cricket defines "unlimited" as a "fair usage" policy of 2.3 GB per month.
As for up-front cost, Cricket will sell the iPhone 4S for $499.99 (16 GB) and the iPhone 4 for $399.99 (8 GB). You can make a purchase online or at one of 60 US Cricket Wireless retail stores as of June 22.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter