Netflix for iOS updated with new player UI
Netflix has updated its iOS interface to run a little more smoothly and look a little nicer while playing streaming media on both the iPhone and the iPad. You can see the iPhone version above -- there are bigger buttons more clearly laid out, and the search bar itself has "more precise seeking capabilities," presumably allowing you to find a certain point in your show or movie more easily.
There are also thumbnail images on the scrub bar itself, and a few new options, including the choice to have Netflix not stream when not on Wi-Fi (to save data charges on 3G or 4G), or to not share on Facebook when connected up to the social network. Netflix was already a great app, and now the interface is even better, thanks to this free update available now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync