Netflix for iOS updated with new player UI
Netflix has updated its iOS interface to run a little more smoothly and look a little nicer while playing streaming media on both the iPhone and the iPad. You can see the iPhone version above -- there are bigger buttons more clearly laid out, and the search bar itself has "more precise seeking capabilities," presumably allowing you to find a certain point in your show or movie more easily.
There are also thumbnail images on the scrub bar itself, and a few new options, including the choice to have Netflix not stream when not on Wi-Fi (to save data charges on 3G or 4G), or to not share on Facebook when connected up to the social network. Netflix was already a great app, and now the interface is even better, thanks to this free update available now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free