Daily iPhone App: Duckers is colorful fun for free
Duckers is a game we've been waiting for quite a while. I first saw it last year at 360iDev, where Retro Dreamer (the same guys behind iOS' Velocispider) showed it to me as a work in progress. But now it's all finished and available on the App Store as a free download.
It's certainly a colorful title, with plenty of cute graphics and fun objects to find and collect as your duck drills into the ground. If anything, I'd say the game is almost a little too easy. While there are a growing number of obstacles to dodge the deeper you go, the gameplay is so casual that it's not too hard to line up your duck just right and grab tons of coins and gems on the way down. Given that it's a freemium title, however, it certainly seems like Retro Dreamer wanted to aim for a broad audience on this one, and I can't begrudge them that.
Despite the very casual gameplay, Duckers is still a lot of fun for free, and there's no shortage of various things to find and earn as you play through the game, including lots of characters, special abilities and power-ups.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)