Instapaper update introduces automatic background updating
The latest Instapaper update contains a pretty nifty new feature: the ability to update automatically in the background; the app uses geofencing to turn updates on and off.
The Instapaper blog describes how the app will download articles whenever you enter a pre-set location, such as your home or work. You can add up to 10 locations using this feature.
Arment reassures users that location data is only stored within the app and not shared with anyone. Arment also said there is no noticeable drain on battery life.
Instapaper also now has an Android version of the app, introduced today at a lower price point than the iOS app.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV