Instapaper update introduces automatic background updating
The latest Instapaper update contains a pretty nifty new feature: the ability to update automatically in the background; the app uses geofencing to turn updates on and off.
The Instapaper blog describes how the app will download articles whenever you enter a pre-set location, such as your home or work. You can add up to 10 locations using this feature.
Arment reassures users that location data is only stored within the app and not shared with anyone. Arment also said there is no noticeable drain on battery life.
Instapaper also now has an Android version of the app, introduced today at a lower price point than the iOS app.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration