Instapaper update introduces automatic background updating
The latest Instapaper update contains a pretty nifty new feature: the ability to update automatically in the background; the app uses geofencing to turn updates on and off.
The Instapaper blog describes how the app will download articles whenever you enter a pre-set location, such as your home or work. You can add up to 10 locations using this feature.
Arment reassures users that location data is only stored within the app and not shared with anyone. Arment also said there is no noticeable drain on battery life.
Instapaper also now has an Android version of the app, introduced today at a lower price point than the iOS app.
[Via The Verge]
The latest Instapaper update contains a pretty nifty new feature: the ability to update automatically in the background; the app uses...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client