Instapaper update introduces automatic background updating
The latest Instapaper update contains a pretty nifty new feature: the ability to update automatically in the background; the app uses geofencing to turn updates on and off.
The Instapaper blog describes how the app will download articles whenever you enter a pre-set location, such as your home or work. You can add up to 10 locations using this feature.
Arment reassures users that location data is only stored within the app and not shared with anyone. Arment also said there is no noticeable drain on battery life.
Instapaper also now has an Android version of the app, introduced today at a lower price point than the iOS app.
[Via The Verge]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter