Apple must wait for sales injunction against Galaxy Tab 10.1
Apple pushed for an injunction that would ban the sale of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the US, but Judge Lucy Koh of the United States District for the Northern District of California denied this motion. According to a report by FOSS Patents, Koh told Apple it had to wait until the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) issues its mandate on the case. Once the CAFC responds, Apple can ask again for an injunction.
This delay will help Samsung, which faces Apple in another court session scheduled for Thursday June 7. Rather than the Galaxy Tab injunction, the session will focus on the injunction Apple filed against the Galaxy Nexus.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs