Google acquires Quickoffice
The move is a smart one. I've never been impressed with how Google Docs has been handled on the iPad. The desktop version of Google Docs made its way to iPad in 2010, and the performance was disappointing. I've always considered Quickoffice to be the stronger of the iOS productivity suites, and it'll be interesting to see what Google does with the property. I would like to see Quickoffice become an official Google Docs app, complete with dropping the app cost.
Google has announced that it's acquired Quickoffice, originally founded in 2002 and known for its productivity suite for iPhone and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7