Foursquare 5.0 gets a major overhaul
Fans of social sharing app foursquare can rejoice today -- the namesake app for the location-based social networking service has been updated to version 5.0, with a lot of new and exciting features, plus a redesigned user interface.
The free app has increased the number of check-ins that your friends can see, so they now have a better idea of what you're up to as you bounce around your world. There's now a recommendation feature and "Top Picks" button that shows the best places -- as voted on by other foursquare users -- to shop, get food or drinks, see the sights or enjoy nightlife.
In previous versions of the app, check-ins were accomplished by tapping a specific button at the bottom of the foursquare screen and then picking your location from a list of the nearest locations. Now there's a check-in button at the top of the app that displays a small map of local check-in spots as well as a list of locations.
All in all, the updated app seems faster and the new user interface is a definite improvement. Be sure to check out the gallery for a quick look at the new foursquare.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)