Foursquare 5.0 gets a major overhaul
Fans of social sharing app foursquare can rejoice today -- the namesake app for the location-based social networking service has been updated to version 5.0, with a lot of new and exciting features, plus a redesigned user interface.
The free app has increased the number of check-ins that your friends can see, so they now have a better idea of what you're up to as you bounce around your world. There's now a recommendation feature and "Top Picks" button that shows the best places -- as voted on by other foursquare users -- to shop, get food or drinks, see the sights or enjoy nightlife.
In previous versions of the app, check-ins were accomplished by tapping a specific button at the bottom of the foursquare screen and then picking your location from a list of the nearest locations. Now there's a check-in button at the top of the app that displays a small map of local check-in spots as well as a list of locations.
All in all, the updated app seems faster and the new user interface is a definite improvement. Be sure to check out the gallery for a quick look at the new foursquare.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time