Foursquare 5.0 gets a major overhaul
Fans of social sharing app foursquare can rejoice today -- the namesake app for the location-based social networking service has been updated to version 5.0, with a lot of new and exciting features, plus a redesigned user interface.
The free app has increased the number of check-ins that your friends can see, so they now have a better idea of what you're up to as you bounce around your world. There's now a recommendation feature and "Top Picks" button that shows the best places -- as voted on by other foursquare users -- to shop, get food or drinks, see the sights or enjoy nightlife.
In previous versions of the app, check-ins were accomplished by tapping a specific button at the bottom of the foursquare screen and then picking your location from a list of the nearest locations. Now there's a check-in button at the top of the app that displays a small map of local check-in spots as well as a list of locations.
All in all, the updated app seems faster and the new user interface is a definite improvement. Be sure to check out the gallery for a quick look at the new foursquare.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter