No Comment: Senator Grassley, your office is calling
The US Senate: home of democracy, bastion of civility, redoubt of Brylcreem, sciatica and combovers. If you were trying to recruit a less tech-savvy group of Americans, it would be pretty challenging.
The late Alaska senator Ted Stevens set the bar with his legendary reference to the Internet as a "series of tubes" (it's not a truck, people), but despite the chamber's current home page headline of Technology and the Senate, the everyday missteps around gadgets and geekdom continue.
The latest example, via BuzzFeed: in the video below, Senator Chuck Grassley's podium time gets interrupted by a very distinctive ringtone. Yes, Chuck has an iPhone; yes, it's still set on the classic "Up Yours, Gustav Mahler" Marimba tone; yes, he forgot to turn it off before stepping onto the Senate floor.
Captured for posterity by C-SPAN, this ring ding earns today's No Comment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature