Apple updates AirPort Utility for iOS to support the all-new AirPort Express
Apple has pushed out an update to its AirPort Utility iOS app. The app allows users to manage their wireless network and AirPort base stations right from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. AirPort Utility 1.1 adds support for configuring base stations for IPv6 as well as support for the all-new AirPort Express, which Apple launched earlier today.
The new Airport Express resembles a white AppleTV (in shape) and adds an extra Ethernet port (for a total of two) and support for simultaneous dual-band 802.11n WiFi networks. AirPort Utility is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options