Apple updates AirPort Utility for iOS to support the all-new AirPort Express
Apple has pushed out an update to its AirPort Utility iOS app. The app allows users to manage their wireless network and AirPort base stations right from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. AirPort Utility 1.1 adds support for configuring base stations for IPv6 as well as support for the all-new AirPort Express, which Apple launched earlier today.
The new Airport Express resembles a white AppleTV (in shape) and adds an extra Ethernet port (for a total of two) and support for simultaneous dual-band 802.11n WiFi networks. AirPort Utility is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature