Apple updates AirPort Utility for iOS to support the all-new AirPort Express
Apple has pushed out an update to its AirPort Utility iOS app. The app allows users to manage their wireless network and AirPort base stations right from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. AirPort Utility 1.1 adds support for configuring base stations for IPv6 as well as support for the all-new AirPort Express, which Apple launched earlier today.
The new Airport Express resembles a white AppleTV (in shape) and adds an extra Ethernet port (for a total of two) and support for simultaneous dual-band 802.11n WiFi networks. AirPort Utility is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter