FaceTime updated with cellular support, unified Apple ID
Finally! Apple announced that FaceTime will work over a cellular network in iOS 6. This long sought-after feature has been advertised as an advantage by competitors who's devices have cellular video chat in place.
Additionally, Apple will unify customers' phone number and Apple ID. That way, if a call comes in on your iPhone, you can answer it on your iPad.
We'll have continuing WWDC 2012 coverage all day. For the latest, follow our meta live blog.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options