FaceTime updated with cellular support, unified Apple ID
Finally! Apple announced that FaceTime will work over a cellular network in iOS 6. This long sought-after feature has been advertised as an advantage by competitors who's devices have cellular video chat in place.
Additionally, Apple will unify customers' phone number and Apple ID. That way, if a call comes in on your iPhone, you can answer it on your iPad.
We'll have continuing WWDC 2012 coverage all day. For the latest, follow our meta live blog.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs