FaceTime updated with cellular support, unified Apple ID
Finally! Apple announced that FaceTime will work over a cellular network in iOS 6. This long sought-after feature has been advertised as an advantage by competitors who's devices have cellular video chat in place.
Additionally, Apple will unify customers' phone number and Apple ID. That way, if a call comes in on your iPhone, you can answer it on your iPad.
We'll have continuing WWDC 2012 coverage all day. For the latest, follow our meta live blog.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter