iOS by the numbers
Scott Forstall has just revealed some pretty significant stats for iOS 5 and Apple's mobile operating system platform in general. Check 'em out:
- 365 million iOS devices have been sold (through March 2012) since the first iPhone went on sale in June 2007.
- 80% of iOS devices are running iOS 5. That's compared to only 7% of Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android's OS -- which was released at the same time as iOS 5.
- There are 140 million iMessage users. One billion iMessages are sent per day and over 150 billion iMessages have been sent so far.
- Since adding Twitter support to iOS 5, Twitter usage on iOS devices have grown three-fold. 10 billion tweets have been sent from iOS 5 and 47% of photo's posted to Twitter come from iOS 5 devices.
- Game Center has 130 million active accounts. Five billion scores are recorded each week. Sixty-seven of the top 100 games have Game Center integration.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature