iOS by the numbers
Scott Forstall has just revealed some pretty significant stats for iOS 5 and Apple's mobile operating system platform in general. Check 'em out:
- 365 million iOS devices have been sold (through March 2012) since the first iPhone went on sale in June 2007.
- 80% of iOS devices are running iOS 5. That's compared to only 7% of Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android's OS -- which was released at the same time as iOS 5.
- There are 140 million iMessage users. One billion iMessages are sent per day and over 150 billion iMessages have been sent so far.
- Since adding Twitter support to iOS 5, Twitter usage on iOS devices have grown three-fold. 10 billion tweets have been sent from iOS 5 and 47% of photo's posted to Twitter come from iOS 5 devices.
- Game Center has 130 million active accounts. Five billion scores are recorded each week. Sixty-seven of the top 100 games have Game Center integration.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync