iOS by the numbers
Scott Forstall has just revealed some pretty significant stats for iOS 5 and Apple's mobile operating system platform in general. Check 'em out:
- 365 million iOS devices have been sold (through March 2012) since the first iPhone went on sale in June 2007.
- 80% of iOS devices are running iOS 5. That's compared to only 7% of Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android's OS -- which was released at the same time as iOS 5.
- There are 140 million iMessage users. One billion iMessages are sent per day and over 150 billion iMessages have been sent so far.
- Since adding Twitter support to iOS 5, Twitter usage on iOS devices have grown three-fold. 10 billion tweets have been sent from iOS 5 and 47% of photo's posted to Twitter come from iOS 5 devices.
- Game Center has 130 million active accounts. Five billion scores are recorded each week. Sixty-seven of the top 100 games have Game Center integration.
Scott Forstall has just revealed some pretty significant stats for iOS 5 and Apple's mobile operating system platform in general....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client