HTC can't use Google patents to challenge Apple
Last year, HTC obtained eight patents from Google and used them in its legal fight with Apple. Now, an ITC judge has thrown out five of the patents saying that "HTC failed to acquire all substantial rights in the relevant patents," says a report by FOSS Patents.
Administrative Law Judge Thomas Pender made the decision last Friday and it was made public on Monday. HTC can appeal the decision, but it likely won't win an appeal unless Google joins as an additional complainant. It's a setback for HTC in its legal battle with Apple and an embarrassment to Google, which transferred the patents not only late in the game, but improperly as well.
Last year, HTC obtained eight patents from Google and used them in its legal fight with Apple. Now, an ITC judge has thrown out five...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time