MacTech magazine launches on iPad, 2012 e-issues free for WWDC
Our comrades in geek over at MacTech have some WWDC-related deals to share. The iPad edition of the Mac-centric technical journal was released last month, and the free app shows up in the iPad's Newsstand container (as with most periodicals). The in-app issue purchases run you $4.99 for one, or $10.99 for a three-issue subscription. The annual print/digital bundle is a better deal, with a full year's subscription to both versions running you $29.99.
The new app also includes a handy feature built as part of Aquafadas's digital publishing system, called Guided Reading. This lets the reader set the desired zoom level of the text and then navigate forward and backward between portions of an article by simply tapping on arrows at the left and right bottom edges of the screen. Guided Reading just guides you through the zoomed-in text -- no dragging around, or zooming out and in again to keep track of your position on the page.
TUAW is a media partner of the MacTech live event series.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs