Verizon Wireless announces Share Everything family plans
With no hyperbole at all, Verizon Wireless has announced "Share Everything Plans that will forever change the way customers purchase wireless services." The new plans create a bucket of unlimited voice, text, video and picture messaging, and a data allowance that can be used on up to ten devices on the Verizon network.
The plans, which begin on June 28, 2012 and are available to new and existing customers, also include the Mobile Hotspot service on all of the devices. The plan has two steps. First, you pay a monthly line access fee for every device. That fee is US$40 for smartphones, $30 for basic phones, $20 for USB modems, Jetpack mobile hotspots, and data-equipped notebooks and netbooks, and $10 for tablets.
Next, you determine how much data you wish to share amongst up to 10 devices. The prices, seen in the chart above, range from $50 per month for a paltry 1 GB of shared data to $100 for a monthly bucket of 10 GB.
Verizon has a tool available online to help customers figure out how to pick the best option. In the meanwhile, enjoy the ad that you'll probably be viewing ad infinitum on TV over the next few weeks.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free