Baidu, Apple to share revenue on iPhone search
We've reported on how Apple is encouraging development in the Chinese market, and it's not going to be without financial reward for services over there. Bloomberg reports that Apple and Baidu, the Chinese search engine, will be sharing advertising revenue. Baidu said it's similar to contracts established with Google for its Android operating system. Baidu is used in 80% of the web searches performed in China, Bloomberg says and will be included in iOS 6.
The growing partnership between Apple and Baidu isn't a surprise. The Next Web first reported on this a couple months ago.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free