Baidu, Apple to share revenue on iPhone search
We've reported on how Apple is encouraging development in the Chinese market, and it's not going to be without financial reward for services over there. Bloomberg reports that Apple and Baidu, the Chinese search engine, will be sharing advertising revenue. Baidu said it's similar to contracts established with Google for its Android operating system. Baidu is used in 80% of the web searches performed in China, Bloomberg says and will be included in iOS 6.
The growing partnership between Apple and Baidu isn't a surprise. The Next Web first reported on this a couple months ago.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options