Baidu, Apple to share revenue on iPhone search
We've reported on how Apple is encouraging development in the Chinese market, and it's not going to be without financial reward for services over there. Bloomberg reports that Apple and Baidu, the Chinese search engine, will be sharing advertising revenue. Baidu said it's similar to contracts established with Google for its Android operating system. Baidu is used in 80% of the web searches performed in China, Bloomberg says and will be included in iOS 6.
The growing partnership between Apple and Baidu isn't a surprise. The Next Web first reported on this a couple months ago.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs