Customers report new Retina MacBook Pros are shipping
Apple customers who ordered the new Retina models of the MacBook Pro can start doing their happy dance -- shipping notifications are being sent to those who placed their orders from the online Apple Store on the day of the WWDC keynote on June 11.
The delivery dates for the new boxes are scheduled for early next week, just in time for the developers who maxed out their credit cards ordering the new equipment to get home and hopefully recover from WWDC.
Let's all hope that the first round of the Retina MacBook Pros are well-built and ready to go -- iFixit's teardown of the new model indicated that it was the "least repairable laptop" ever disassembled. If the first Retina MBPs do have issues, we hope that the owners at least shelled out US$349 for an AppleCare Protection Plan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs