Engadget reviews MacBook Pro with Retina display
Engadget was at WWDC and had the opportunity to spend some time with the next generation MacBook Pro. After a few days with the machine, Tim Stevens and company shared their thoughts about the Retina MacBook Pro in a recent review.
In its review, Engadget wanted to find out if the Retina MacBook Pro is the "best Mac ever" or "a compromised, misguided attempt at demanding too much from one product."
After poking, prodding and testing the device, Engadget concludes by saying,
The new Pro is good enough to make the old Pro (even the updated version) look and feel obsolete. It pushes and redefines the category, raising the bar higher than even its brethren can jump. If you can afford the premium and aren't set on a 13-inch model there's no reason to buy any Pro other than this Pro.
You can read the full review on Engadget's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows