Kindle app update adds children's books, comics
Amazon has pushed a long-awaited update to its Kindle app that adds children's books, graphic novels and comics. The availability of these books that take full advantage of a color screen was one of the marketing tactics behind the release of the Kindle Fire, and it's nice to see them on the iOS Kindle app as well. Other improvements specifically target the iPad, with smaller margins and a cleaner look.
I noticed there were a few bugs that Amazon needs to work out. I tried loading a sample of Watchmen on my iPad to try out, and the app kept crashing even after a reboot. Some Engadget users noted they were having the same issue after the app update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV