Kindle app update adds children's books, comics
Amazon has pushed a long-awaited update to its Kindle app that adds children's books, graphic novels and comics. The availability of these books that take full advantage of a color screen was one of the marketing tactics behind the release of the Kindle Fire, and it's nice to see them on the iOS Kindle app as well. Other improvements specifically target the iPad, with smaller margins and a cleaner look.
I noticed there were a few bugs that Amazon needs to work out. I tried loading a sample of Watchmen on my iPad to try out, and the app kept crashing even after a reboot. Some Engadget users noted they were having the same issue after the app update.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter