Kindle app update adds children's books, comics
Amazon has pushed a long-awaited update to its Kindle app that adds children's books, graphic novels and comics. The availability of these books that take full advantage of a color screen was one of the marketing tactics behind the release of the Kindle Fire, and it's nice to see them on the iOS Kindle app as well. Other improvements specifically target the iPad, with smaller margins and a cleaner look.
I noticed there were a few bugs that Amazon needs to work out. I tried loading a sample of Watchmen on my iPad to try out, and the app kept crashing even after a reboot. Some Engadget users noted they were having the same issue after the app update.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options