Flipboard app launched for Android
After enjoying almost two years of exclusivity on iOS, popular social reader Flipboard has made its way to Android handsets. The Android version of the app first debuted on the Samsung Galaxy S III and is now available in the Google Play Store. Customers will be able to install the software on the Kindle Fire and the Nook from Barnes & Noble as well.
Evan Doll, of-founder of Flipboard and former Apple employee, told the New York Times that "They [Apple] would love for us to be iOS exclusive from now until the end of time, but we're trying to reach as big an audience as we can." Flipboard isn't the first iOS exclusive company to make the jump to Android. Well-known iOS developers Instragram and Smule also recently launched apps for the Android platform.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free