Flipboard app launched for Android
After enjoying almost two years of exclusivity on iOS, popular social reader Flipboard has made its way to Android handsets. The Android version of the app first debuted on the Samsung Galaxy S III and is now available in the Google Play Store. Customers will be able to install the software on the Kindle Fire and the Nook from Barnes & Noble as well.
Evan Doll, of-founder of Flipboard and former Apple employee, told the New York Times that "They [Apple] would love for us to be iOS exclusive from now until the end of time, but we're trying to reach as big an audience as we can." Flipboard isn't the first iOS exclusive company to make the jump to Android. Well-known iOS developers Instragram and Smule also recently launched apps for the Android platform.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time