Virgin Mobile to sell prepaid iPhone in retail stores
Virgin Mobile began selling the iPhone on Thursday and became the second prepaid carrier in the US to offer Apple's popular smartphone. The Sprint-owned carrier is selling the iPhone 4 and 4S online and, starting tomorrow, will sell the two handsets in it's new stores, according to Business Week. These new stores are the first of the their kind for Virgin Mobile and they will open in the Chicago area. If these stores prove to be successful, Virgin Mobile may eventually open additional locations nationwide.
Virgin Mobile is selling the contract-free iPhone 4S 16 GB for $649 and 8 GB iPhone 4 for $549. Plans start at $35 per month for 300 minutes of talk time and unlimited data and messaging.
Virgin Mobile began selling the iPhone on Thursday and became the second prepaid carrier in the US to offer Apple's popular...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update