iPhone 5th Anniversary: A video retrospective
Talk about a trip down memory lane! After blogger Mike Grothaus mentioned the low quality of his personal photos of the 2007 launch, I dug around on my iMac and found a video I had created on June 29, 2007 for a new blog I was running at the time.
The video ends rather abruptly -- I had to set down the camera to sign for my new iPhone -- but you'll get an idea of what it was like to be in line at the Aspen Grove Apple Store on the day of the iPhone launch. I was quite amazed at how much the Apple Store has changed in five years; no more bookshelves full of boxed software and many more iPhone accessories.
The one thing that hasn't changed is the rampant enthusiasm of Apple fans and the hard-working employees at the stores. I think a lot of people saw this as the beginning of something huge, and it's great to see that the iPhone didn't let us down.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update