iPhone 5th Anniversary: A video retrospective
Talk about a trip down memory lane! After blogger Mike Grothaus mentioned the low quality of his personal photos of the 2007 launch, I dug around on my iMac and found a video I had created on June 29, 2007 for a new blog I was running at the time.
The video ends rather abruptly -- I had to set down the camera to sign for my new iPhone -- but you'll get an idea of what it was like to be in line at the Aspen Grove Apple Store on the day of the iPhone launch. I was quite amazed at how much the Apple Store has changed in five years; no more bookshelves full of boxed software and many more iPhone accessories.
The one thing that hasn't changed is the rampant enthusiasm of Apple fans and the hard-working employees at the stores. I think a lot of people saw this as the beginning of something huge, and it's great to see that the iPhone didn't let us down.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free