Apple injunction against Samsung could give company big problems
Apple won a significant legal victory over Samsung when US District Court Judge Lucy Koh granted the Cupertino company an injunction that would ban the sale of the Galaxy Nexus in the US. Besides the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple may seek an injunction against the upcoming Galaxy S III, a move that would be problematic for Samsung, according to a report by AppleInsider.
The Galaxy S III is slated to launch on five US carriers this summer. The handset is already available on T-Mobile and Sprint and will soon launch on AT&T, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular. Samsung expects to sell over ten million units worldwide in July alone and a US ban could throw a monkey wrench into that plan.
An injunction against the S III would leave Samsung with "big problems on its hands," said analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets in a Monday note to investors. To reverse the Nexus ban and discourage future injunctions against the S III, Samsung is countering Apple by appealing the Galaxy Nexus ban.
Apple won a significant legal victory over Samsung when US District Court Judge Lucy Koh granted the Cupertino company an injunction...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved