Apple injunction against Samsung could give company big problems
Apple won a significant legal victory over Samsung when US District Court Judge Lucy Koh granted the Cupertino company an injunction that would ban the sale of the Galaxy Nexus in the US. Besides the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple may seek an injunction against the upcoming Galaxy S III, a move that would be problematic for Samsung, according to a report by AppleInsider.
The Galaxy S III is slated to launch on five US carriers this summer. The handset is already available on T-Mobile and Sprint and will soon launch on AT&T, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular. Samsung expects to sell over ten million units worldwide in July alone and a US ban could throw a monkey wrench into that plan.
An injunction against the S III would leave Samsung with "big problems on its hands," said analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets in a Monday note to investors. To reverse the Nexus ban and discourage future injunctions against the S III, Samsung is countering Apple by appealing the Galaxy Nexus ban.
Apple won a significant legal victory over Samsung when US District Court Judge Lucy Koh granted the Cupertino company an injunction...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free