Apple to add food and drink category to App Store
Yesterday, Apple sent out a letter to developers detailing a new Food and Drink category that is coming to the App Store in a few weeks. The category is to include "apps that help users cook and bake, mix drinks, manage recipes, find new restaurants and bars, and learn what their friends like to eat and drink."
Pertinent applications, many of which are currently listed in the Lifestyle category of the App Store, will be moved automatically to the new category by Apple. There are currently thousands of apps for managing recipes and finding restaurants, and the upcoming iOS 6 Maps application will add to the mix by including Yelp check-ins.
The Food & Drink category isn't expected to include diet, coupon clipping, food-related game, or grocery shopping apps. Apple's letter noted that developers have until July 8, 2012 to opt out of having their apps moved to the new category.
[via The Verge]
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements