You're the Pundit: Buy now or wait?
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is purchase timing.
WWDC has come and gone, and no one doubts that this is an excellent time to stock up on refreshed MacBooks, but what about iPhones? It may be as long as 3-4 months before a new iPhone appears.
Is this the worst time in the world to pick up an iPhone, or is it a great opportunity to jump onto the bandwagon with new prepaid plans like the one offered by Virgin Mobile?
|If you're looking for prepaid? Buy now. There's no way Apple will refresh Virgin Mobile and other prepaid vendors at the same time they update their preferred partners. No contract, no worries.||103 (8.1%)|
|If it's a contract plan, forget it. Just wait until October. Why buy an iPhone with a "I've the coolest" factor of under 4 months?||886 (69.5%)|
|Why delay gratification? Buy now and pay the upgrade penalty. You can eBay the phone to someone else after the upgrade and recover some of those costs.||53 (4.2%)|
|Buy now and wait for some good deals for next Summer. Just make sure to buy high on the food chain. 4S? Yes. 3GS or 4? No.||65 (5.1%)|
|Yessss! Kirk definitely. He gets all the space ladies, and Picard was a wuss with all that diplomacy nonsense. But as for Kirk vs Obi Wan? That's another question entirely.||117 (9.2%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||51 (4.0%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app