iPhone AR "talking" comic book cover surprisingly cheesy
In case you haven't had your daily allotment of cheese yet today, feast your eyes on the video below. It showcases a talking comic book cover for issue #1 of Valiant Entertainment's X-O Manowar comic, using an iPhone and augmented reality to bring the character's mouth to life.
BoingBoing brought the cover to our attention. You basically scan a QR code on the cover of the comic (finally, a use for QR codes), tap a few buttons, and a mouth appears on the iPhone's screen. Place the iPhone onto the marked outline on the comic's cover, and the mouth becomes animated in a bad Clutch Cargo way.
The character has a vaguely Terminator-like voice, although he's allegedly the "last of the Visigoths" and we all know from the Capital One ads that they don't sound like that. Amiright? Anyway, enjoy the short video, and let us know if you think that this is a unique marketing gimmick or if we're going to see a lot more comic book animation in the future.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter