Apple to sell the iPad in China starting July 20
Apple announced on Tuesday that the new iPad will go on sale in China starting July 20. The launch of the tablet device was delayed by a trademark lawsuit filed by Chinese company Proview. Proview claimed it had the legal right to the iPad name in China, even though a division of the company sold the trademark to Apple several years ago. Apple fought Proview in China's court system and eventually settled the suit for US$60 million last week. Now that the trademark dispute is out of the way, Apple is able to start selling the device in the Asian country. The new iPad will be available in both WiFi and cellular versions with storage capacities of 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB.
Apple announced on Tuesday that the new iPad will go on sale in China starting July 20. The launch of the tablet device was delayed by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype