Microsoft's Steve Ballmer ready to take on Apple again
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer met with Steven Burke of CRN and talked about his company's future. Speaking about Microsoft's strengths and weaknesses, Ballmer said,
We have our advantages in productivity. We have our advantages in terms of enterprise management, manageability. We have got our advantages in terms of when you plug into server infrastructure in the enterprise.
But we are not going to let any piece of this [go uncontested to Apple]. Not the consumer cloud. Not hardware software innovation. We are not leaving any of that to Apple by itself. Not going to happen. Not on our watch.
It's nice to know that, like the good old days, the competition between the two companies is once again going strong.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options