NBC's live streaming Olympics app for iPad now available
NBC is streaming its coverage of the Olympics later this summer and iOS owners with a cable subscription may be able to watch the live coverage on their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. NBC's Olympics website has all the details on its streaming coverage, which is also available via a Flash-enabled browser.
The NBC Olympics Live Extra app is filled with features that'll let you watch the Olympics on the go. Besides the live events, you'll also be able to watch full event replays and simulcasts of Olympic-specific programming from NBC. There's even a DVR function for most live streams and all full event replays. If you're concerned about missing an event, you can setup push notifications and receive an alert before an event is about the begin.
You'll need to select your cable TV provider and enter your cable TV username and password to access the video content. NBC notes that "access to some live streams and full event replays is determined by your cable, satellite or telco TV subscription." Instructions for setting up your access to the video stream can be found in the settings menu of the app.
The NBC Olympics Live Extra app is available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. You can download it for free from the iOS App Store and additional details on the streaming coverage are available on NBC's Olympics website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype