TUAW Origin Stories: FlipBook HD
I'm a bit of an animation fan, both finished works and the tools that make them. iOS devices can come close to the old methods of drawing, moving and capturing animation because they can simulate "touching" the objects and moving them around as your would on a light table.
FlipBook HD is as much like an old light table as possible with the addition of a handy timeline and digital drawing tools. I spoke to the creator, Josh Anon, about why he created FlipBook HD. Josh also wanted to point out FlipBook HD was developed by MartianCraft, after he had created the iPhone version. Either version provides a fun tool for discovering the basics of animation while creating some of your own.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs