TUAW Origin Stories: FlipBook HD
I'm a bit of an animation fan, both finished works and the tools that make them. iOS devices can come close to the old methods of drawing, moving and capturing animation because they can simulate "touching" the objects and moving them around as your would on a light table.
FlipBook HD is as much like an old light table as possible with the addition of a handy timeline and digital drawing tools. I spoke to the creator, Josh Anon, about why he created FlipBook HD. Josh also wanted to point out FlipBook HD was developed by MartianCraft, after he had created the iPhone version. Either version provides a fun tool for discovering the basics of animation while creating some of your own.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter