App alerts Singapore Red Cross trainees of local need
The Singapore Red Cross Society recently updated its Rapid Rescue iPhone app that'll help visitors and residents in distress. The app lists all 12,000 first-aiders in Singapore and lets you put out a call for help. When an SOS is requested, an alert goes out to all first-aiders within a 2 KM radius. One of these workers can accept the request and get a map to the person in distress.
If there are no first-aiders nearby, users can call for an ambulance or follow the provided route to the nearest hospital, instead. New first-aiders can also use the app to add themselves to the database. The app is available for free from the iOS App Store and is only compatible with Singapore Red Cross providers.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved