App alerts Singapore Red Cross trainees of local need
The Singapore Red Cross Society recently updated its Rapid Rescue iPhone app that'll help visitors and residents in distress. The app lists all 12,000 first-aiders in Singapore and lets you put out a call for help. When an SOS is requested, an alert goes out to all first-aiders within a 2 KM radius. One of these workers can accept the request and get a map to the person in distress.
If there are no first-aiders nearby, users can call for an ambulance or follow the provided route to the nearest hospital, instead. New first-aiders can also use the app to add themselves to the database. The app is available for free from the iOS App Store and is only compatible with Singapore Red Cross providers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs