Former Apple iAd VP Andy Miller to be President and COO of Leap Motion
Former head of Apple's iAd program Andy Miller recently left the company to join a firm called Highland Capital, but now he's taking another leap into the COO role of a company called Leap Motion. Leap Motion is currently working on a new device designed to make motion controlled gestures easy across multiple platforms, and Miller will be helping them try to release that product commercially.
The move over to Leap Motion isn't too much of a "leap," actually (sorry about that one) -- Highland Capital has backed Leap Motion previously, and in his position there, Miller reportedly worked closely with his new employer. All of this just shows that iAd's legacy is carrying farther and farther. Given how the actual business at iAd is going lately, the service's biggest consequence may just be that it found its former executives some excellent followup jobs.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter