Qantas plans to ditch BlackBerry, adopt iPhone
Australia's Sunday Morning Herald reports that Qantas is set to replace 1,300 BlackBerry phones with iPhones. The airline recently surveyed its employees about their smartphone preference, and found that the majority were interested in iPhones. A spokesperson also noted that Apple's device meets "...all Qantas' security requirements."
It's another win for Apple and another blow for ailing RIM.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter